This time next week, I'll be on an airplane headed to England. Harlaxton College otherwise known as Hogwarts, is where I'm going to be living, learning, studying, and most importantly, exploring next semester.
When a big event enters my life, I feel the need to make lists. Within the past couple of weeks, I've made lists of what I need to do before I leave for the motherland, lists of when I'm going to do those things, lists of what I'm going to do a certain day, and the list goes on. Corny pun totally intended.
Today I attempted to tackle one of the items on one of these lists. The item? Pack. So after popping in the Mama Mia! soundtrack, I went downstairs and heaved two suitcases up the stairs, one of which was unwilling to go around the corner without hitting the wall first. The purpose for this one week-early packing was just to see how much room I would have with all the things I wanted to bring. I have NO ROOM. I HAVE ENTIRELY TOO MUCH STUFF. But let me just say, space saver bags are very amusing.
4 comments:
this is the funniest thing i have read in quite awhile! i couldn't even laugh it was so funny! i love the details!
Ah Kelly! This is great! I cant wait to read other blogs you will be writing from harlaxton :D
PS. you kinda got me nervous about the compression bags :P
Yes, I was there when all of this took place. Except for when the suitcase hit the wall. I am eagerly awaiting the next post of this blog.
My darling daughter....I am sitting here tracking your airline on the internet. The time here is 9:13pm and your airplane is at the tip of Greenland about to go over the Atlantic Ocean. I really enjoyed your blog. Actually it's the first one I've ever read. I hope you're having a jolly good time!
Post a Comment