Or spelled as Edinburgh. I spent the past weekend in my new favorite place on earth (which I'm sure I'll say about every new place I go to). But for this week, it's my favorite. We spent a couple nights in a little hole-in-a-wall hostel in a 14 person room, 11 of which were us, because we dominated. Surrounding us outdoors were Scottish souvenir shops. Everywhere. Literally. It was great. I knew, going to Scotland, that I wanted to buy some small bagpipes. Not full-size bagpipes (because those are too expensive), but some smaller ones. So within a couple hours of being in Scotland, I made my purchase. Even though I still don't really know how to make a note come out of them, I still love them. A lot.
There were REAL bagpipe players everywhere. If you couldn't see them, then you'd be able to hear them. Ahhhhhh my dream come true. And yes, they were wearing kilts. Kilts galore. Kilts abound. Kilts everywhere. Kilts, kilts kilts. I almost bought a kilt, but I didn't.
The train ride to Scotland was excellent. I'd never been on a train before, so it was another numerous new mode of transportation for me! The views were beautiful. We saw the North Sea, fields, hills, ahhhhh it was gorgeous. Beautiful, marvelous, spectacular. We ended up climbing to the top of those hills (which was quite the arduous task), but the end view was great! And we also walked to the North Sea, which took 80 minutes to walk. 80 fuh-reakin' minutes. Talk about some exercise for the legs. I'm telling ya. Yikes. So sore. I think I might still be feeling it.
Scotlannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd. I love it there. I'm pretty sure I might want to live there. We went to a pub where there was a guy singing and playing a guitar and another guy playing the electric violin. Yes, the ELECTRIC violin. I was pretty jealous of his skills. It was great. It was so crowded in there, so hot, but the atmosphere was jumpin'.
The streets were stone, there were castles, old buildings (really old), beautiful land, beautiful people, birthdays, a cool place named Camera Obscura, awesome shops, and yet there still managed to be a McDonalds, Subway, and KFC.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, Scotland rocks! especially those bagpipers! Your little bagpipes are awesome and I wish music could be made from them :D
GAH. Jealous. Take me with you next time. :)
-Rachael Yeager
BABY BAGPIPES!
yay scotland! it is my new favorite place too!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment