Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just a few mismatched rocks...

The end of October and beginning of November was spent in several cities. We were on a travelin' spree. First to Oxford, home of Oxford. University. Great town, although we only spent a couple hours there. But it was enough time to see where they filmed Harry Potter!!!! We went into one of the rooms where they filmed the Great Hall. I used my Rupert Grint senses to sniff out which chair he sat in during filming. And I do believe I found it. Or maybe I just picked out a chair at random and claimed to everyone that he sat there. Believe what you want. I know the truth.

Anyway, we later went to Bath. Home of the Roman Baths, which, by the way, are some of the coolest things ever and reminds me why I want anthropology to be my second major. I love those moments. Bath was super cool. We went to a spa. Thermae Spa (sp?) to be exact. Now, I've never been to a spa before, but what better place on the earth to go to one than Bath? Perfect. The spa was AMAZING. The water was so warm and there were steam rooms and warm water and steam and warmth and non-cold, and we were so warm, and it felt so good because we weren't cold because it was warm and good and cozy and the steam and the water was good and warm and warm and water and more warm and steam that smelled like Christmas. There were four steam thingies that you could go in. My favorite one was the one that smelled like Christmas. They were all pretty great though. They cleared my senses. Ahhh it felt so good. Annnnnd, there was a rooftop pool (with warm water, yes!) and a spectacular view of Bath. We went to the spa at night so it was absolutely breathtaking. And it was raining. So we got the awesome mixture of the warm water with the cold rain hitting our faces. Sensational.
We also played the Bath version of Monopoly, properly or not-so-properly titled, 'Bath Endeavor'. Fun times. Even though we got tired of it because it was lasting so long.
Then on to Stonehenge. Stonehenge is out in a random field of sheep. There are sheep everywhere around you and then you turn around and you're like "oh there's Stonehenge, look at that." Stonehenge was really really cool though. It's something you've seen pictures of and heard about your entire life, and to actually be there beholding its glory is a pretty great feeling. I really enjoyed it. Yeah!

2 comments:

slafferty said...

Yes, your pictures of the Great Hall look like the Great Hall in the 1st and 2nd Harry Potter movies. Cool! Any signs of Harry, Hermione, Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall, Malfoy, Hagrid, etc.?

Anonymous said...

That seat was probably the one Malfoy sat in.....haha