Sunday, November 16, 2008

No excuses

So I've been away from my blog for awhile. Maybe I'm a bad person. Maybe I haven't had access to my computer. Maybe I forgot my password. Maybe I have nothing to talk about. Maybe...uhhh....I've run out of excuses. None of those are true. I've just been too lazy to blog. Which, in turn is biting me in the butt because now I have to talk about Spain, to Oxford/Bath/Stonehenge, to Cadbury World, and now this past weekend Paris. This is what I get for being lazy. Jeez. So, um, where to start? I don't want this to be a terribly long blog (this is an impossible task) but I'm going to try my hardest to condense it. And also get in all the necessary information. Maybe I'll do four separate blogs. I think that's what I'll do actually. Instead of making the reader say, "oh look how long this blog is, I don't wanna read all that," they will see four shorter blogs and feel like they have the time to read it. It's all the way you present it. It's all about marketing. Okay, I'm rambling and you don't want to read this right now...so...on to Spain.

SPAIN. SPAIN. SPAIN. The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain. Is that right? I don't know. Anyway, about four weeks ago (if four weeks ago equals October 16th-ish, then that's right) we took an independent travel trip to Madrid. Honestly, Madrid is one of the most vibrant, energetic, moving, colorful, musical, and wonderful cities I've ever been to. It makes me feel alive.

There are street performers galore. And I love street performers. I really really do. Whenever I see someone playing music on the street or those people dressed up in costumes who do stuff when you put money in their container I just stand there. In awe. Transfixed. I get so excited when I see them, I can't even describe it. Wherever we went in Madrid, we heard music. I mean, seriously, people were playing all kinds of instruments on every street. It was spectacular. I would get to the point where I would hear the music and search to seek it out to see where it was coming from. I got a little obsessive. But I would still do it. It was great. It gave Madrid such a moving atmosphere. And the people moved indeed. Not a fast-paced kind of moving like London, but the people were up at all hours. Siestas are wonderful. We took one. These people don't go to bed until 4 in the morning or some absurd hour like that. It's crazy. It's not just some people, though. It's the ENTIRE city. The city does not sleep.

I, being a pro at speaking the Spanish language (LIE) was able to get us around to everywhere we needed (LIE). Ha, but communicating with people was not too difficult. I knew the basics and I was just fine. I used the term "lo siento" frequently during the trip, being that it's one of my favorite phrases.

We ate churros and chocolate (don't ask me if I spelled that right because I don't think I did and I don't feel like looking it up). It was good. I like chocolate. I've realized that chocolate gets me hyper sometimes. But I like it. It was like fried dough and you dip it in this rich...creamy...decadent...liquid...thick...steamy...luscious...divine...tasty...hot...chocolate. And then you eat it. And it's good. Really good. Really, REALLY good. Too good. I want some now.

Yeah, so I really would love to visit all over Spain. It's definitely different from Ireland and all that, but Madrid sure was a wonderful city. It's definitely one of my favorite places I've been so far. And I would love to go again. And yes, I do realize I say this about everywhere I go.

1 comment:

slafferty said...

I was wondering when you were going to get back to doing your blog. You should be saying "lo siento" to all the people who were waiting for this blog.